Old 19-08-2004, 01:40 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Do you do water changes? Your Kh may be down, along with the pH, water
changes alone may correct this, if you don't have ammonia showing. You
really need to know if you have ammonia showing before messing with the pH.
Upping the pH (if below 7.0) makes the ammonia toxic the higher you go over
7.0. ~ jan

On 17 Aug 2004 15:33:02 -0700, (Paulette) wrote:

I have a pond that has goldfish,snails and tadpoles in it, and several
waterlilies. The water started turning a redish brown color. I checked
the ph and its just a little low. Has anyone ever had this happen or
can tell me what to do to get rid of it. I dead headed all the flowers
that bloomed and had taken all the yellow leaves off . I am stumped
about this. My husband says to bring up the ph and it should be ok.
Please let me know! Paulette

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~