Old 23-08-2004, 10:24 PM
Roy

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 12:32:57 -0700, ~ jan JJsPond.us
wrote:

snip

=== I use a kiddy monitor so I can hear mine in the back
===of the house, or when the windows are shut. ~ jan
===

Now thats what I call a dedicated ponder!

I can set for hours on end listening to the fountain or the water
trickling on my water fall at the pond. I can even listen to the water
falling from the spout of the hand pump on the wifes new 1/2 barrel
setup, but 5 minutes of hearing the water fall in our hot tub drives
me crazy and I have to shut it off.

Has anyone ever checked out some of the setups hot tub manufactuers
use to provide a water fall. The one on our hot tube is pretty darn
slick, even though I do not like it. It uses a ball type valve to
adjust flow, but the fall itself is two pieces of plastic with ridges
that keep the top and bottom seperated. The distance between top and
bottom in the center is less than at the ends, and it makes a perfect
looking falls when in operation. Most falls require a pretty decent
amount of water and flow to get effect, but this fall is nice from a
slow flow to a full blown Niagra Falls look.....and I would think it
would work fine with a small pump setup, having minmal water flow.
As pretty as it is, its noise still drives me crazy!
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.