Old 19-08-2004, 05:24 AM
~ Windsong ~

"Karen" wrote in message
In article , "~ Windsong ~"
writes:

BTW all but one of the plants we got at closeout prices at Lowes are
showing signs of life.Every single water lilly is putting out new
shoots and leaves, but the horsetails may be history.....

$$ My Horsetails were failing in the pond. They're doing fine now

planted
in the garden and kept watered.

the horsetail I had in Houston didn't grown IN the pond, but did great in

the
bog margin.

Karen

Some of these plants do as well as or better in the garden than in the
water/pond. I have all kinds of plants that jumped the pond and were
growing in the soil outside the liner. I have to dig up and remove more.
It's getting too overgrown around the ponds. We already removed many of
them. Lizards tail, water bamboo and water iris are the worst. But there
were also some arrowheads and some other "stuff".....
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"Do stars clean themselves with meteor showers?"