Old 23-08-2004, 10:17 PM

On 2004-08-23, nc.rr.com wrote:
i've read numerous reports here that the herbicide Ornamec is quite
effective against japanese stilt grass. i have quite a lot of the nasty
stuff in quite a nasty spot...interspersed along a creek bank with various
shady natives and wildflowers. i hate to spray everything, despite
Ornamec's claim to not hurt broadleaves.

can anyone speak to Ornamec and fern? and moss? and Blue Star? Virginia
Bluebell? Trillium? Wild ginger? i'm assuming that the broadleaves will
be unaffected, but the moss and fern concern me a bit. and at $32/qt i
don't think i want to test it in a small area and have it not work as
advertised.

anyone have hands-on news? i find a little mention in google indicating
it's ok with moss, but that's all i know.

dookie

You will have to peruse the label closely and perhaps try some small
spots. I had no trouble with it, but I wanted the stilt grass gone. I
seem to have less this year. It is getting time to spray though.

is a garbage address.