Old 23-08-2004, 06:51 PM
Steve Jackson

In message , jane
writes
Funny there should be a lot of blind agapanthus threads this year. It
was one of the questions on GQT yesterday! Apparently a lot of them
haven't done well this year (I have not got any flowers either in my
oldest well-establised roots) because last year was so hot they set
viable seed. People left these seed heads on which depleted the
plants' supplies and so they didn't flower this year.

Great reply thanks Jane and some very interesting observations - when I
get some flowers, I will dead head and use the matchsticks!!

Glad you had some success at least.

Steve just outside Warwick