Old 24-08-2004, 12:36 AM
R.H.

"Mike" wrote in message ...

No. 94 is a knot called a "moneys fist" I know that. Used on the end
of heaving lines.

Not a 'proper' Monkey's Fist because the end has been brought out and
taped!!!!!!

Actually that is black string wrapped around the end, most of the web
sites with instructions show the one end like this. I didn't see any
that recommended that only one end should be out.

Shock Horror, and the size shows that there is not a ball inside
:-((

Good news! There is a 1/2" lead musketball inside, the rope is about
3/16" thick so there was plenty of room for a ball.

Now when we come to Brass Monkeys, that is a different subject, still
afloat, but a long way back, even before my time :-))

Mike

I don't know anything about brass monkeys.

Rob