Old 24-08-2004, 02:03 AM
Al Laudel

I tried it this way, first I bought one of those plastic 22" dia, deep
pots. I then put in a little dirt, then a six potato eyes then some dirt to
cover, as they grew I added dirt over the plant and repeated that until the
pot was full. The next year I dug in and found small spuds growing all along
the root from the plant growing above the dirt. I am just playing with this,
won't plant spuds next year.

Al

"Dwayne" wrote in message
. ..
I got that kind of potato crop the first coupld of time I tried to grow
them. Then I read a book that told me that I had to hill the dirt up from
the potato set. I had just planted about 100 feet of potatoes before
reading that chapter in the book. The next day I went out and dug them
all
up and replanted them the right way. I had put them in raised rows, with
the cuttings in the top of the mound. That year I enjoyed my first potato
crop of more than one per plant.

Dwayne

"pcourterelle" wrote in message
Hi all...for the past three years I've planted potatos and each year I
had
lots of plant/greenery but very few spuds.