Old 24-08-2004, 02:27 AM
J Fortuna

LOL

"Mick Fournier" wrote in message
Pam,

To repot with one's own hands. And to love the smell of the raw bark, the
fine bristling soft osmunda fiber teasing/tickling my long fingers, the
weight of the smooth round ballast stones rolling plimp-plomp in my large
hands, the siren song in my ears of the styrofoam peanuts as I gently
squeeze-pop them into thirds... Ah, but how could anyone forego such first
person earthly pleasures and call the result a true consummation of love

in
the orchid bed. That is the essential crux beyond the perfect golden rule
pot size you so eloquently describe. Give me repotting... or give me

death.
Or, give me one decent lotto and I will chuck the whole greenhouse... pots
and all.

Mick

================================

"profpam" wrote in message

It would certainly be a trick to repot without hands. Gloves are even

too
cumbersome for me. Best to repot when the plant is in need of repotting
rather than waiting. Pot larger if roots are in the out-growing mode;

pot
smaller when roots are few and the plant is not doing well.

. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System

http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html

Mick Fournier wrote:

Joanna,

Until you do the repotting with your own hands you will never conquer

the
orchid demon.

Mick