Old 24-08-2004, 07:22 AM
gregpresley

Paul, I forwarded your message to my brother, with whom I'm having an
internet battle over these swift boat ads. But his response to your message
was "how does a person have two involuntary tours of duty to Vietnam?"
I'm presuming that you were given two separate assignments consecutively
there, but maybe I'm wrong. I will forward your response to him.
Thanks, Greg
"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote in
AGREE!!!!
I spent two involuntary tours in Vietnam in the U.S. Army between 1967 and
1979 and I witnessed atrocities such as cutting off ears of the dead,
burning down villages, shooting of water buffalo and ducks and rape.

Those
in Vietnam who did not witness or perform such were probably garrison
troops in a headquarters unit.

Also, I spent some time at a place called Dong Tam in the Mekong Delta.

You
could climb a short distance up the comms tower and look into Cambodia.

It
was common knowledge that the boats there and troops WERE going into
Cambodia.