Old 24-08-2004, 08:15 AM
mike. buckley

In message , Alan Gould
writes
In article , mike.
buckley writes
I've not grown toms before this year, and am quite happy to treat this
as a learning year and not get much crop. As part of that I think I may
have lost a couple of plants due to blight. Are the symptoms blackening
leaves and the fruits go black from the bottom upwards? I also lost a
couple of plants, but that was my fault for using too small pots :-(
Live and learn. Next year growbags. :-)

You may also have blight, but what you are describing is bottom end rot.
That is not a disease, but an outcome of irregular or erratic watering.

Aha, another lesson learned, hopefully with growbags next year they
won't dry out so fast. The spot they're in now gets so hot in full sun
that the pots can dry out while I'm at work.

--
Mike Buckley
RD350LC2