Old 24-08-2004, 01:27 PM
Doug.

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Doug." wrote in message

"Walt Davidson" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 21:31:18 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

Down to here you spoke a great deal of sense. However, you are

wrong
about the release of radioactive gases into the air by nuclear

power
stations. In normal operation, nuclear power stations do not

release
any radioactive gases into the air at all.

******
That's good news!. I'm off to report to the people of Ravenglass

and
West Cumberland , - that the failure of the nuclear chimneys,

There are no such things as nuclear chimneys.
You really should resdtrict your post to gardening matters.

deliberately left chucking out radio-active filth because our dear

Prime
Minister was dependant on the US for certain elements for the nuke

subs,

You are still talking nonsense. Do familiarise yourself with the
actual facts.

was not responsible for the mass leukaemia deaths of their children,

Please give the statistics for these "mass deaths of their children"
because of leukaemia..

and
the pouring into the sea of thousands of gallons of milk was because
somenone had peed into the churns. And it wasn't Cherobyl that

still
pollutes the grass around here.

There was a dreadful accident at Chernobyl. It nevertheless killed
substantially less people than the number of miners which have been
killed providing coal for old fashioned power stations. My comparison
is based on a normalisation to equal amounts of energy produced.

They will be comforted' I'm sure -
just as I am because my wife was one ot the many victims of

leukaemia ,
she survived, but her life was altered for the worse but many young
friends who were suddenly struck died early horrible deaths as a

result.
My doctors were the first to call alarm but they were visited . (By
sick patients, - of course!.)

I am upset to hear that your wife died of leukaemia. My best friend
of 50 years standing also died of leukaemia, but he was not involved
with, or anywhere in the vicinity of the nuclear power industry.

Franz

******
You must remember that we here lived it day to day and experienced the
trauma day by day. The Cumberland Fells are still contaminated from
Chernobyl, but that's another incident in another story.
No chimneys at the Cumbrian nuclear Station?., - then as I passed it
each day I must have been be blind, - they tower(ed) above the globular
nuclear reactor building and high against the skyline.
All the milk in West Cumbria was poured into the sea, no argument.
The unimpeachable record is that at that time the alarm was sounded
because children in Ravenglass were suddenly 'out of the blue'
contracting leukaemia, and I lost a friend or two in my town., so why
did the rash of illnesses concur with the faulty and deliberately
neglected waste chimneys.
Ask the Irish Government about the sea pollution, we have another
nuclear plant across Morecambe bay.
This post is not outside the topic. The land we garden also suffered the
pollution albeit it may be below "acceptable" levels.
There is a very active Body of protest in this area and they have a
point. The electricity we were promised would cost pennies has not
occurred,. Indeed the nuclear plants cannot exist without massive
Government financial back-up, it is well know the are far from
profitable and are subsided from taxes.
BTW, my wife survived as mentioned but is an invalid due to emphysema
and the ensuing drastic chemical medical treatments.
Doug.
******