Old 24-08-2004, 01:49 PM
Victoria Clare

(Nick Maclaren) wrote in
:

In article ,
"Bioboffin" writes:

| I'd appreciate some wisdom from this group - is £500 a reasonable
| sum for the job? Should I persevere and dig them out myself? Should
| I leave them for another six months and risk the wrath of SWMBO?

Buy a grub-axe (pick-mattock), which is like a pickaxe with a 4"
wide blade on one side, and obtain an electric drill with a small
grinding wheel. You also need a solid spade. Sharpen your axe
well and the mattock blade roughly, and dig the stumps out. Not
a problem.

He could buy his wife the mattock and let her do the job, as she is the one
who wants it done.

(This whole 'swmbo' thing is a mystery to me. My husband sorts jobs he
wants done. I sort jobs I want done. Unless one of us is ill and it's a
very physical job I can't see why you need someone giving orders.)

Victoria