Old 24-08-2004, 07:29 PM
The Watcher

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:46:29 GMT, wrote:

It is a medical procedure. like all medical procedures it carries some risk. for
girls younger than 18 having an abortion carries much less risk than carrying a fetus
to term. that is on average. of course, carrying a fetus to term is always a
medical risk for a woman and an early abortion done at proper facility probably
carries less risk than going to full term as well. abortion as "birth control" is
not ideal as there are always some medical risks. now the morning after pills or
taking a higher dose of birth control pills seems like a better methodology when
normal birth control measure fail.
In that sense, I dont think it is rational to be "pro abortion" any more than it
would be to advocate other kinds of medical procedures unnecessarily.
Of course I believe women making a choice to not carry to term can be absolutely the
best ethical/moral choice for herself and family.
I dont see how Sanger advocating choice is being "pro abortion".

I don't think anybody advocating choice is any more "pro abortion" than the
people advocating controlling women's lives are "pro life".