Old 20-08-2004, 12:24 AM
Roy

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 15:18:34 -0700, ~ jan JJsPond.us
wrote:

===On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 16:16:40 -0400, Hal wrote:
===
===http://members.cox.net/hrclark1/Index.html
===
===So, Hal, your lily thinks it a lotus. ;o)
===
===If someone has a source for a good slow release lily fertilizer,please
===post it. Hal
===
===Well I don't know if they're slow release, but try www.gardenlink.com and
===click on "Spikes" they make a lily spike, big, suppose to last all year by
===their claim. I know the gal fertilizing the lilies at the D.pond this year
===is using them, and I guess she's happy with the blooms. (I'm not happy that
===the volunteers don't dead head and squish aphids enough, but the filter is
===the only concern I can deal with this year.)
===
===What happens to your pads if you were to go thru and get rid of all those
==="ugly" spread out old pads? When my lilies have started to do this, going
===thru and plucking off those old pads takes care of it. But than, I get in
===at least once a week and deadhead and strip off anything ugly. Ugly
===(yellowing, brown spots, rips) stressed pads attracts aphids. I'm using the
===Jobe's Tomato spikes and feed about every 3 weeks, 2 each. ~ jan
===
===
===
=== ~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

So your using the regular old tomatoe fertilizer spikes for lillies?
How have they like it so far? Certainly tomatoe fertilizer stakes
have to be cheaper than the 10 or 12 in the bottle stuff that the
local places around here sell for $7.95
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.