Old 24-08-2004, 09:14 PM
Franz Heymann

"Doug." wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Doug." wrote in message

"Walt Davidson" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 21:31:18 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

Down to here you spoke a great deal of sense. However, you

are
wrong
about the release of radioactive gases into the air by

nuclear
power
stations. In normal operation, nuclear power stations do not

release
any radioactive gases into the air at all.

******
That's good news!. I'm off to report to the people of

Ravenglass
and
West Cumberland , - that the failure of the nuclear chimneys,

There are no such things as nuclear chimneys.
You really should resdtrict your post to gardening matters.

deliberately left chucking out radio-active filth because our

dear
Prime
Minister was dependant on the US for certain elements for the

nuke
subs,

You are still talking nonsense. Do familiarise yourself with the
actual facts.

was not responsible for the mass leukaemia deaths of their

children,

Please give the statistics for these "mass deaths of their

children"
because of leukaemia..

and
the pouring into the sea of thousands of gallons of milk was

because
somenone had peed into the churns. And it wasn't Cherobyl that

still
pollutes the grass around here.

There was a dreadful accident at Chernobyl. It nevertheless

killed
substantially less people than the number of miners which have

been
killed providing coal for old fashioned power stations. My

comparison
is based on a normalisation to equal amounts of energy produced.

They will be comforted' I'm sure -
just as I am because my wife was one ot the many victims of

leukaemia ,
she survived, but her life was altered for the worse but many

young
friends who were suddenly struck died early horrible deaths as a

result.
My doctors were the first to call alarm but they were visited .

(By
sick patients, - of course!.)

I am upset to hear that your wife died of leukaemia. My best

friend
of 50 years standing also died of leukaemia, but he was not

involved
with, or anywhere in the vicinity of the nuclear power industry.

Franz

******
You must remember that we here lived it day to day and experienced

the
trauma day by day. The Cumberland Fells are still contaminated from
Chernobyl, but that's another incident in another story.

Please quantify. If you fail to do so, I will tell you that the
extent of contamination of the Lakeland is now comparable with the
natural incoming cosmic radiation, i.e. negligible.

No chimneys at the Cumbrian nuclear Station?

Kindly read what I said, and don't raise red herrings. I said no
nuclear chimneys. There are categorically no chimneys in Sellafield
for transporting radioactive matter.

.., - then as I passed it
each day I must have been be blind, - they tower(ed) above the

globular
nuclear reactor building and high against the skyline.

Please read up what the chimneys are used for.

All the milk in West Cumbria was poured into the sea, no argument.

For a brief period, in a gross overreaction.

The unimpeachable record is that at that time the alarm was sounded
because children in Ravenglass were suddenly 'out of the blue'
contracting leukaemia,

Balls. It has not yet been established whether the leukemia incidents
in that region is a statistically significant incidence, let alone
whether it is indeed related to Sellafield. Have you ever read about
the other pockets of leukaemia in places which are not associated with
the nuclear stations at all, and have you ever read about any such
pockets associated with any of the dozen or so other reactors dotted
all over the country?

and I lost a friend or two in my town., so why
did the rash of illnesses concur with the faulty and deliberately
neglected waste chimneys.

Please find out what the chimneys actually do before you get yourself
deeper into the mire on this topic.

Ask the Irish Government about the sea pollution, we have another
nuclear plant across Morecambe bay.

Please quantify the extent of the pollution before making a song and
dance about it. Then make a song about the radioactive pollution
which the coal fired power stations were spewing all over the country
for nearly a century.

This post is not outside the topic. The land we garden also suffered
the
pollution albeit it may be below "acceptable" levels.

Then why do you harp on about it?

There is a very active Body of protest in this area and they have
point.

Actually they have no point. The anti-nuclear lobby has hyped up the
situation beyond all bounds of reason Sooner or later they will have
to realise that it is *absolutely essential* for a new generation of
nuclear power stations to be developed. All this ****-farting about
with solar, wind and wave energy is just a smoke screen. There is no
way whatsoever in which they will replace more than a small fraction
of the energy we obtain from oil at present.

The electricity we were promised would cost pennies has not
occurred,. Indeed the nuclear plants cannot exist without massive
Government financial back-up, it is well know the are far from
profitable and are subsided from taxes.

Yes. So what? Farmers are considerably more heavily subsidised from
taxes.

BTW, my wife survived as mentioned but is an invalid due to

emphysema
and the ensuing drastic chemical medical treatments.

Franz