Old 24-08-2004, 11:28 PM
Anne Lurie

Doc,

Could you post some tips for separating iris & replanting? I have some that
bloom okay, but are in the wrong place and some that don't bloom well
because they probably need more sun.

So far what I know is to plant the corms(?) in the same orientation, so the
clump spreads in one direction -- and to leave the corms uncovered, but
that's the extent of it.

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

"Doc Muhlbaier" wrote in message
m...
I have just finished separating and replanting an iris bed and have
(naturally) a lot of left over irises. If you would like any (or
all), please send e-mail; I've got about two 5-gallon buckets. I live
in north Durham, near Duke.

The bed had some iris borers. I've killed all the borers I found (and
any suspect rhizomes are now in the trash), but don't know if any of
the borers have turned into moths may have laid eggs on these plants.
So, caveat emptor.

Doc Muhlbaier