Old 25-08-2004, 01:01 AM
Bill Oliver

Default Passiflora incarnata -- are there any others this hardy?

The other day I was walking in a State Park here in Georgia and came across
a vine with a delightfully flashy bloom. I looked all over the place to
find out what it was and discovered that it was the Passion Flower/Maypop,
aka Passiflora incarnata. In scouting some sources, I find that there
are a bunch of Passiflora, but all the others I have seen require tropical
or semi-tropical climate. I live in zone 6b-7 in the North Georgia
mountains.

Are there any other Passion Flowers that can overwinter outdoors in
Southern Appalacia?

Thanks!

billo