Old 25-08-2004, 01:52 AM
Bill Oliver

In article ,
zxcvbob wrote:

P. incarnata, or purple passionflower, or maypop. It is a state flower
of Tennessee. I would expect you to be able to find it at any garden
center there.

I have no idea if any South American tropical varieties will grow there
without extensive winter protection.

Bob

Thanks. The latter was my question. I found one place out of Atlanta
that has a website (I haven't ordered anything from them, so this is
*not* an endorsement or review or criticism of the site):

http://passionflowerfarms.com

that lists two others:

Passiflora "Incense" -- which looks an awful lot like a regular maypop.
Passiflora caerulea "Blue Passion Flower" -- which it says is "root
hardy" to zone 6. I assume "root hardy" means that, like the regular
maypop, it dies back in the winter and re-emerges in the spring.

billo