Old 20-08-2004, 11:24 AM
Ray

Ed,

I'm not sure what you are asking NS to do.

All a registrar does is stake your claim on the domain, and publish the IP
address(es) and/or domain name server(s) that it resides on. Think of them
as a giant reference table out on the web. They may or may not have
anything to do with hosting your site or managing your files. (Besides, if
you're creating your website on your computer, how could they access it to
upload the files?)

I see from a whois lookup that they are indeed your web host, so they
probably have given you a server name or IP address upon which they have
allocated space for you, a user name and a password. At that point it's
normally up to you to move the files themselves, usually via FTP or with
something like FrontPage.

..
"CrystalOrchidsPA" wrote in message
Domain Registry of America' sent me a bill for renewing OrchidSafari's
domain name. I usually register with 'Network Solutions'.

My web site CrystalOrchids.com is registered with Network Solutions. I did

get
a solicitation from DRA but Network matched the pricing. I renewed for

five
years for $95.00. A good price at the time. The only thing I am

disapointed in
is the fact that Network Solutions will not upload my web page to my

internet
domain without charging me to manage the account. I'm not sure what to do

at
this time and NS has not returned any of my e-mails.