Old 25-08-2004, 01:21 AM
Raleighgirl

I know you didn't ask me, but. . .
Irises are "can't kill 'ems." I have two spreads of them that I
have dug up, given away, used Round Up on- everything! and they
continue to flourish (Anyone that wants some can come and get
them! I'm in NW Raleigh)! They'll take root if you dig them up
and throw them out in the woods. All of the plant sites tell you
to dig a hole with a cone in the middle. You place the corm on
top, drape the roots over the edge and cover. You're right, you
want to be aware of the direction the fan grows in so that they
can be aligned rather than willy nilly.
Raleighgirl

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
| Doc,
|
| Could you post some tips for separating iris & replanting? I
have some that
| bloom okay, but are in the wrong place and some that don't
bloom well
| because they probably need more sun.
|
| So far what I know is to plant the corms(?) in the same
orientation, so the
| clump spreads in one direction -- and to leave the corms
uncovered, but
| that's the extent of it.
|
| Anne Lurie
| NE Raleigh
|

| "Doc Muhlbaier" wrote in message
| m...
| I have just finished separating and replanting an iris bed and
have
| (naturally) a lot of left over irises. If you would like any
(or
| all), please send e-mail; I've got about two 5-gallon
buckets. I live