Old 25-08-2004, 03:42 AM
Kay Lancaster

larger plots of soil.
If you're a fan of the Old Star Trek... well, Equisetum does a pretty
good tribble imitation.

*sigh* OK. I guess I'm going to have to yield to reason. Drat!
Houseplants.

Thanks for persisting until I came to my senses.

Sorry... it's just that it really is persistant and spreading... the
estimates around here are that a field with a start of E. arvense,
the common horsetail of the upper Midwest, will go from one plant to
a 2.5 acre solid stand in 6 years. Sigh.
http://ipcm.wisc.edu/uw_weeds/extens...nhorsetail.htm

I wish it weren't so... Equisetums are really wonderful plants. But
deliberately planting them is just a bit too close to feeding Tribbles.

Kay