Old 25-08-2004, 04:59 AM
J. Kolenovsky

Check with the Georgia Native Plant Society and find out about all
species that grow in Georgia.
http://www.gnps.org/

J. Kolenovsky

Bill Oliver wrote:
=

The other day I was walking in a State Park here in Georgia and came ac=

ross
a vine with a delightfully flashy bloom. I looked all over the place t=

find out what it was and discovered that it was the Passion Flower/Mayp=

op,
aka Passiflora incarnata. In scouting some sources, I find that there
are a bunch of Passiflora, but all the others I have seen require tropi=

cal
or semi-tropical climate. I live in zone 6b-7 in the North Georgia
mountains.
=

Are there any other Passion Flowers that can overwinter outdoors in
Southern Appalacia?
=

Thanks!
=

billo

-- =

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.celestialhabitats.com - business. Quoted by the Ho=
uston
Chronicle Lazy Gardener as 1 of 7 best gardening websites in Houston.
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal