Old 25-08-2004, 03:24 AM
K Barrett

I see it as protecting US small business. One of my friends has been
involved with the Taiwan side of this article and sees it as efficient
markets. If you can't compete then you should fold. Well, I always sided
with Old Fezziwig in 'A Christmas Carol' when he said it wasn't for money
alone that one builds up a business, but to protect a way of life. Of
course you know what happened to Fezziwig. Scrooge and Marley bought him
out for pennies on the dollar and put him out of business.

K Barrett
What will the next generation do with all those Harleys and RVs when we baby
boomers are dead and gone?

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
link.net...
The Hawaiians are right....

K Barrett

I read that article in the Times this AM. I tend to agree, Kathy, but I'm
open to argument.

My comment on the article is that once again, the NY Times, with so many
resources, has published a rather simplistic article on orchids. Other

past
articles have been even simpler. I know that they need to make the

subject
easily understood by all their readers, but they really dumb it down.

Just
my HO.

Diana