Old 20-08-2004, 01:49 PM
Mike Miller

I have just finished expanding my pond, correcting a mistake I made.

Anyway, now the in-pond pump is at the newly deepened end, and I have

1/2"
i.d. non-kinking hose coming up from the pump, skirting the edge of

the
pond
(hidden under rocks), and leading to the waterfall at the other end.

My
question is, will this freeze during the winter?

The waterfall? You betcha.
--
Crashj

No, not the waterfall. It's never frozen enough to clog itself up the past
4 winters. But I'm thinking of moving water in a 1/2" tube, now instead of
intersecting with the "frost line" in the water as it has in the past, will
be running along the "frost line" for 12' before raising up to the
waterfall.

The waterfall moves enough to keep itself unfrozen, but will this much hose
stay unfrozen when laid flat along the frozen ice?