Old 25-08-2004, 07:52 AM
gregpresley

Paul, thanks for your quick response. I have forwarded it to my brother. Bit
by bit, I think he's starting to realize that putting all of his eggs in the
swift boat veterans' basket might have been ill-advised. Unfortunately, a
lot of damage has already been done to Kerry. I get furious at the idea that
Bush has now impugned the reputations of THREE Vietnam vets - McLain,
Cleland, and Kerry, when neither he, nor his vice-president ever set foot in
Vietnam, or in any other military conflict. I wish the current members of
the military, all military veterans, and Vietnam vets in particular realized
that they have been played for fools in all of this - perhaps then they'd
get an inkling of what being "commander-in-chief" means to this President.