Old 25-08-2004, 12:10 PM
Shirley Hicks

On 25 Aug 2004 02:42:07 GMT, Kay Lancaster wrote:

snip

Sorry... it's just that it really is persistant and spreading... the
estimates around here are that a field with a start of E. arvense,
the common horsetail of the upper Midwest, will go from one plant to
a 2.5 acre solid stand in 6 years. Sigh.
http://ipcm.wisc.edu/uw_weeds/extens...nhorsetail.htm

I wish it weren't so... Equisetums are really wonderful plants. But
deliberately planting them is just a bit too close to feeding Tribbles.

I saw a deliberate planting during this year's Through the Garden Gate
tour of Rosedale gardens in Toronto.

I also noted that it was within a large concrete elevated planter.

Shirley Hicks
Toronto, Ontario
"A liberal is a conservative who's been through treatment."
- Garrison Keillor