Old 25-08-2004, 02:23 PM
Doug Kanter

"madgardener" wrote in message
it certainly sounds like your tomato's aren't supported because Sowbugs

are
natures garbage men.....they clean up dead debris and diseased plant

matter.

OK....you and I have the same theory. Now....for a quick solution: I'd get
some plastic window screen, slap together some quick frames, and have ready
some foot-tall chunks of rock, wood or cinder block to put under the frames
and get them off the ground. Slide the frames under the plants carefully,
lift, and raise the whole thing up a foot.

Unsupported, if the sow bugs didn't attack, rot would've done just as much
damage. At the very least, there should've been a really thick layer of
straw.