Old 25-08-2004, 02:25 PM
Doug Kanter

"Hound Dog" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 18:09:52 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

New house, new yard, new neighborhood, soon to be a massive garden.

In
my
last 'hood, there were quite a few dog owners to deal with and I went
directly from calm to ballistic with no in between. It worked, but

twice,
the police were at my house, ready with handcuffs, until they calmed

down
and realized that it's legal tell a dog owner that you'll murder

their
trash
if they don't control it.

This time, I thought it might be better to begin more quietly. I need

word a sign perfectly. The target audience is so-called "good dog

owners",
the ones who clean up after their trash animals. They're the ones who

try
and convince you that even though it's your property, it's OK for

them
stop there. And, I believe that even when the owner picks the stuff

up,
the
scent is still of interest to other dogs. My initial thought (for

small,
tasteful signs) was simply "No Dogs for ANY Reason. Period."

Sounds boring, though, so I'm open to suggestions. The message I

really
want
to convey is that the guy at this house may or may not be stable. I

hope
I'm
not, but so far, I am.

A friend suggested this: "All Dogs Will Be Collected and Eaten"

Anyway, the best suggestion wins 27 virtual cold beers. :-)

Why don't you put up a fence?

It'll save you a lot of trouble and grief in the long run.

Hal

Zoning regulations prevent putting up ENOUGH of a fence to make any
difference. Besides, why should I spend thousands of dollars to

compensate
for someone else's lack of consideration?

What do your next door neighbors do to discourage dogs from using their
yards at toilets?

Sounds like your yard has some unusual attraction for dog walkers as well

as
their animals.

Find out what that attraction is and do away with it, or change it.

Actually, there are very few fences in this neighborhood - just a few in the
back yards. As far as the "attraction", none is necessary. People stop their
dogs randomly at the dog's convenience. You know that.