Old 25-08-2004, 04:35 PM
Crashj

On 25 Aug 2004 06:36:27 -0700, (he87) wrote:

As you can guess I want to find out how to build a leakproof
waterfall. So if anyone has any tips they would be greatly
appreciated.

Bottom line is whatever method we choose it has to work 100%
from day one.

Murphy knows who you are and where your waterfall is.
For better stability I would forget the dirt pile. Dirt will shift
over time as it naturally compacts and especially as it gets wet. You
need a reinforced concrete hill before you add in the rocks.
Use dirt to build up you basic mound if you must. In the big parks and
hotels they build a structural steel frame, but you might not have
that much money.
With the dirt in place weave a network of rebar and then spray
concrete in place. Gunnite(tm) is a system used to build custom
concrete pools. That is what you want to do. Look for local custom
pool installers.
Then you can forget about all the rubber and carpet and set the
boulders right on the concrete using mortar for the big ones and poly
foam for small ones.
If the back side is a structural steel frame leaks will not matter as
you can collect anything that gets through and return it to the sump.
You might think about a collection system even if you doa dirt pile.
Keep us posted.
--
Crashj