Old 25-08-2004, 06:02 PM
Doug Kanter

"Crimson Castle" wrote in message
I don't advocate harming the dogs but it takes superhuman effort not to

get
too annoyed after fishing your newspaper with warm dog turd from the front
of your yard for the upteenth time.

I mean seriously when you see the dog owner stopping to allow his dog to
crap in front of your lawn - right smack in front of your walkspace - it
does tend to get a bit annoying.

Sure you can complain but it takes forever for the authorities to take any
action on such matters.

Bingo!

The first time I dealt with it, the dog catcher said she had to actually
witness the event, or the stray dog before she could even hound the owner.
In this case, the dog in question was only roaming around 6:30 AM. Animal
control people don't come out at that hour unless they're dealing with a
dangerous animal, so I was left to handle the situation myself. Ridiculous.
By the way, the town justice finally straightened out the dog catcher, who
somehow had gotten a skewed idea of how to do her job.