Old 25-08-2004, 07:17 PM
Doug Kanter

"Hound Dog" wrote in message

Find out what that attraction is and do away with it, or change it.

Actually, there are very few fences in this neighborhood - just a few in

the
back yards. As far as the "attraction", none is necessary. People stop

their
dogs randomly at the dog's convenience. You know that.

No, I do not know that. Dogs will pretty much relieve themselves where

ever
they have been trained to.

I've taught most of my dogs to go in my own back yard. A few others, when

lived where I did not have a yard, I taught to use the curb.

No sidewalks, no curbs. If there were, they'd still be my responsibility to
maintain.

If the animals are using your yard way more than your neighbors, then
something is ATTRACTING their walkers.
Perhaps you have a nice shady spot over your front walk where the person
likes to stop and relax. Or perhaps there is something interesting for

them
to see.

Yep. Nice shade tree near the edge. Not cutting it down, though. And, within
a year, the property will be loaded with flowers, and therefore VERY
interesting.

Try standing in your front yard when you see them approaching. Your

presence
may be enough to embarrass them and encourage them to find another area to
use. If that fails, ask them nicely to go elsewhere. It is your yard after
all.

"Embarrass". That proves my point. If the owners are embarrassed, they know
they're doing something wrong. We shall see.