Old 26-08-2004, 12:24 AM
Myrmecodia

"K Barrett" wrote in message news:ex2Xc.307890$a24.123473@attbi_s03...

Well I'm not going to dig my heels in on this point, and I will admit I
learned something, but I'll still bet that in nature its cooler at night
than it is during the day wherever these orchids come from.

You're probably right, and if you can give them a day/night
temperature difference, you may well be able to grow a wider variety
of orchids successfully. I was simply responding to the idea that all
orchids require a day/night temperature difference to bloom.

I guess we should also distinguish between diurnal temperature
differences (sometimes but not always required for healthy growth) and
seasonal temperature differences (sometimes but not always required
for blooming).

And was the original poster talking about any of the plants on this

list?

He doesn't seem to have mentioned any particular plants.

regards,
Nick