Old 26-08-2004, 02:09 AM
Ray

I don't know about the "certified" business, but it is a well-established
fact that you cannot be known as an expert until you've killed your weight
in orchids.

I think that's why many folks put on weight as they age...

..
"J Fortuna" wrote in message
Diana,

I've heard about the 100 certified kills. I have also heard that anyone

who
claims that they have not killed a single orchid must be lying. Since I

know
for a fact that the second statement is not true, I am questioning the
validity of the first one. Sorry. Plus do I really want to be certified? I
bet if I were certified, I would be required to repot all my orchids

myself,
too, right? So I am not so sure it's worth it.

Yes, I know I am tempting fate, but hey, what would life be without some
risk and daring and tempting. I know that even if I were to kill an orchid
after all (which hopefully won't happen), it wouldn't kill me, which is

the
most important. And then there is the fact that while I really enjoy
watching an orchid that was not doing too well get better, my favorite
plants are generally the ones that are doing best, and just continue to
flourish, and I have more of those than of the ailing ones, so life is

good.

Joanna

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
nk.net...
There she goes! She's done it now!! If the orchid demons won't get

her
the
orchid gods sure will. Oh tempter of fate!

K Barrett

You've got that right, Kath! I'll bet Joanna doesn't know about the 100
certified kills that are required, either! LOL

Diana