Old 26-08-2004, 01:02 PM
Salty Thumb

(Twobtold) wrote in
:

From: Salty Thumb

uNeXc.1131$Cc.848@trnddc07

IIRC, some say potassium in general in important for disease
resistance in plants.

Thanks for your reply in re mildew.
As to your comment above about potassium:
One of my daughters works in an office building in NYC that hires a
service
to tend to the plants in the various offices. She has notices that the
person that waters the plants always has bananas floating in the
watering can. She/I have no idea why.
Could it be that potassium leaches from the bananas?

I've heard of people burying bananas and banana peels near rose bushes
for the potassium. I've done that myself (peels) but just because I had
some handy. You might want to rinse them first to get rid of some of the
pesticide residue on the skin.

Either that or the cleaning service is run by some very sloppy monkeys.
("Dear company president, would you please ask Urooahah the equipment guy
to stop leaving his lunch in the watering cans? Thank you. P.S. FYI,
Those weren't chocolate chip cookies at the company picnic")