Old 26-08-2004, 06:46 PM
Jay Chan

Default Use Moss Control Product to Add Potash to My Lawn?

My lawn is significantly lack of potash according to soil test result
from local county extension office. But the soil also has too much
phosphate. I am looking for a way to add potash without raising
phosphate level in my soil, and do this cheaply. I cannot use regular
fertilizer that tends to always have not so small amount of phosphate.
I have a message thread about this called "How to Add Enough Potash to
Lawn in a Year?" not so long ago.

I find that there is a moss control product in Home Depot that has a
large amount of potash, and has no phosphate. This sounds great. But I
am wondering if it may hurt my lawn; afterall, I don't have moss
problem in my lawn.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jay Chan