Old 26-08-2004, 09:04 PM
Doug Kanter

Are you planning on finding an outdoor plot for them to plant? If so, you
can get them cranked up in January by choosing seeds from a good online
catalog like www.burpee.com, and starting some of the seeds indoors. If you
don't have a window facing South, maybe you can rig up a fluorescent fixture
over some trays on a counter. And, even without an outdoor plot, perhaps you
could have them plant something rugged that they can take home, like
marigolds. Beans are the all-time favorite in classrooms because they're big
& fat, both in seed and grown form. But, some parents may not want a bean
plant at home.

"Carolyn LeCrone" wrote in message
Where can I find ideas to use with 9 year olds, in a classroom, to foster
the love of gardening? I have lots of ideas for Spring and Fall, but

winter
is a problem
Carolyn