Old 26-08-2004, 05:06 PM
Roy

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:55:23 GMT, wrote:

===makes for tea colored water. gets some muriatic acid. dilute (always acid into
===water) and drip it slowly into stream of returning water until desired pH is reached.
===
===actually... first, what is your pH?
===Ingrid
===
==="SkyCatcher" wrote:
===
===Hi,
===
===I've read that you can filter through peat to reduce pH. How do you actually
===do this & what type of peat do you use?
===
===I can only think of the big bags you get at B&Q for your garden & as this is
===very fine how would you stop it just being washed into the pond?
===
===Any help gladly received!
===
===Sky
===
===
===
===
===~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~
===List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
===
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
===www.drsolo.com
===Solve the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame
===~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~
===Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other
===compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the
===endorsements or recommendations I make.

BEFORE I would fool with ph I would make sure I was checking it at the
right time of day. Its going to be lower during sunlight hours and
will peak in the evening hours.......10 or 11 am is a good time to
check your ph. I checked mine last night and it was higher, but still
ok, but just a few minutes ago at approx 11am it was good and lower
than it was last night.

You can use lemon juice or white vinegar to adjust ph down from high
alk side and use baking powder to rasie it from acid to base side. Non
of these are harmfull or will cause any problems, but I would see why
my ph is so high..........do you have concrete blocks inside the pond,
is the pond concrete, all of which will increase ph levels unless it
neutalized before using, and even then it can still increase alk
levels. IIRC alk levels can go up as ammonia levels increase.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.