Old 26-08-2004, 10:49 PM
Roy

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 19:46:48 GMT, BryanB
wrote:

===Er... You mean Baking *Soda*... Baking *powder* will only make your
===flower biscuits rise.... (Pun intended.)
===
===(And, it's always been my belief that these are only quick fixes; they
===do nothing to solve the problem of what's actually raising or lowering
===the pH. Of course, I'm not above using the quick fix from time to time...)
===
===--Bryan
===
===
===On 8/26/2004 9:06 AM Roy let loose a lemur across the keyboard and it
===typed:BR
===
===Snip
=== You can use lemon juice or white vinegar to adjust ph down from high
=== alk side and use baking powder to rasie it from acid to base side. Non
=== of these are harmfull or will cause any problems, but I would see why
===snip

Well thats what I thought also, but its listed as baking powder in
quite a few articles numerous times on a supposedly reliable website,
so I assumed thats what they meant. I have always read and heard
baking soda, sodium bicarbonate, as thats what I use in out hot tub,
but I swear the website lists it as baking powder.....

PS In case yu want to double check it its the Pond Professor
website.......and all of the artilces dealing with ph issues list it

I'm with you though, I would use sodium bicabonate (baking soda) PH
adjusts usually is not necessary if its buffered and no items are
placed in thre water to raise it or lower it, and at most its just a
temp fix until you make figure out why the ph is swinging high or
low....

I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.