Old 27-08-2004, 01:09 AM
Françoise

Priscilla Ballou wrote:

In article ,
Françoise wrote:

You must have some favourites. Can you tell us what they are. I may try
to find some seeds to plant them here. Our season is quite short for
tomatoes.

I haven't had a chance to taste more than a few varieties of this year's
because they haven't ripened yet. But I had a Tigerella today that was
WONDERFUL! Great flavor.

I got my seeds from Seeds of Change. I recommend them. (No financial
connection.)

Priscilla

Priscilla,

I looked in my catalogue and did not find Tigerella tomatoes. I live in
Canada and I guess we have tomatoes that grow well here since our season
is quite short. I planted 2 kinds: Pilgrim and Big Beef. Their tastes
are similar and both can be eaten without salt. The firmness is the same
as well as they are both juicy and both are big tomatoes. Both their
skins are almost as the pulpe. No hard skin. The Pilgrim is determinate
but the Big Beef grows very high and needed staking. The Big Beef have
produced more tomatoes on each plant. The big Beef needed more work do
to them because the plants were very high and very heavy. The tomato
gages were not enough to support the plants. We had to put big stakes
besides. I had to cut many branches to permit the sun to reach the
tomatoes.

We have been eating them everyday now. A fresh tomato beats the winter
one bought in the shop.

Françoise.