Old 27-08-2004, 02:27 AM
Carolyn LeCrone

We have an established, bird - butterfly garden. So they will be feeding
birds all winter. It is almost impossible to plant annuals since the
garden is not tended mid June - late August.
"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
Are you planning on finding an outdoor plot for them to plant? If so, you
can get them cranked up in January by choosing seeds from a good online
catalog like www.burpee.com, and starting some of the seeds indoors. If

you
don't have a window facing South, maybe you can rig up a fluorescent

fixture
over some trays on a counter. And, even without an outdoor plot, perhaps

you
could have them plant something rugged that they can take home, like
marigolds. Beans are the all-time favorite in classrooms because they're

big
& fat, both in seed and grown form. But, some parents may not want a bean
plant at home.

"Carolyn LeCrone" wrote in message
Where can I find ideas to use with 9 year olds, in a classroom, to

foster
the love of gardening? I have lots of ideas for Spring and Fall, but

winter
is a problem
Carolyn