Old 27-08-2004, 04:08 AM
Steveo

(Jay Chan) wrote:
My lawn is significantly lack of potash according to soil test result
from local county extension office. But the soil also has too much
phosphate. I am looking for a way to add potash without raising
phosphate level in my soil, and do this cheaply. I cannot use regular
fertilizer that tends to always have not so small amount of phosphate.
I have a message thread about this called "How to Add Enough Potash to
Lawn in a Year?" not so long ago.

I find that there is a moss control product in Home Depot that has a
large amount of potash, and has no phosphate. This sounds great. But I
am wondering if it may hurt my lawn; afterall, I don't have moss
problem in my lawn.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jay Chan

You can use muriate of potash but the delivery rate is pretty
fast, so there's a burn potential. The moss control is a burn
off product soI'd beware of that too.

I'd go with the muriate, in small doses and only with cool
temps and irrigation.

--
Kerry toons
http://tinyurl.com/5l6qu