Old 27-08-2004, 03:20 AM
Doug Fox

I try to grow some tomato too. What and how do I need to prepare the soil?
My experimental one is "pot soil" LOL.

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 17:28:11 -0400, FXDWG wrote:

OK, so back to original post.
I also have noticed that now that I finally have red tomatoes, it
looks like the squirrels are eating them.

Does anyone have any REAL advice about what to do??

Thanks!

An electric fence. That's what I have and it works well. Keeps out
the groundhogs too. I have loads of tomatoes this year from 5 plants.
I tried a yellow tomato plant for the first time and these are very
tasty with a mild flavor. I had an abundance of squirrels earlier
this summer, but then I spent a few weeks trapping them, perhaps 30 or
so until the squirrel population decreased, at least for now.