Old 27-08-2004, 10:57 AM
Dick

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:01:53 +0100, "Anandan Tanabalan"
wrote:

Hi Jatyn,

Given my inability to get to my LFS when they are open, I use mail order and
Ebay to get some of my stuff.

Plants are hardier than most people think and can survive a week - ten days
in transit in a plastic bag in a padded envelope.

I've had tropical and cold/warm water species posted without issue.

Even the bad ones (they were probably bad to start-off with) perked-up on
arrival.

Usually smaller examples fare better. I prefer to grow them in my tanks
anyway; younger plants establish more quickly.

However, You may want to check with cutoms about the importation of live
materials.

Of course, *always* quarrantine new arrivals.

I have bought invertebrates and even fish by mail order and have yet to be
disappointed.

Anandan.

I too buy my plants by internet. Search with the phrase "aquarium
plants" I havent' needed to buy any for about a year and can't
recommend any, but I bought from 3 different vendors and all did well.
One had packages of mixed varieties. My 5 tanks are all low light, so
I was pleased to find one package of only "low light" assortments.
The selection was also broken down by tank size.

dick