Old 27-08-2004, 10:13 AM
griz

Kay wrote:

In article , Mike &
Karen writes
By sending back the post card I get a "risk free 30 day trial" - enough to make
2 batches of quality compost. I might just take them up on the offer - by the
end of September I could make ~1m3 of compost - that should empty the pallets
for winter!!

Make sure it's not one of these free trials that depends on your
remembering to cancel a direct debit.

One other thing, if you are not happy after 30 days, do they collect? if
not, how much would it cost you to send it back?

I have a single compost bin in my small back garden, makes great compost,
but it's hard work to get the compost out even with removable front slats.
Once a year I empty it, sieve the compost, all the stuff that hasn't
decomposed properly, goes back in the bin to start again.

In my allotment I'm trying a bin built in sections
http://www.hdra.org.uk/factsheets/gg24.htm

I've made it with wood recycled from pallets

Griz