Old 27-08-2004, 11:15 AM
R.H.

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message ...
"Martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 21:21:58 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

Does somebody have the solution to what the mystery objects are?

David Hill has posted the correct answer.

Are you sure?
I thought it was just another entry in the competition.

David stated his answer moderately clearly and with a confidence which
made me think that either he or his forebears actually possessed such
an article. His is also the only explanation which makes sense. All
the others were flawed.

Put it this way: If I had had swags on my curtains and somebody made
me a present of a pair of those objects, I would have no hesitation to
put them to the use which David suggested, and they would actually do
the job of containing the decorative swag-ends.

You may very well be correct about what this object is used for, but
after researching many unusual items I've found that the best way to
be sure is to find another one just like it being used as it was
intended. I've had experts in their field confidently identify
something for me, only to find out later that it was something
different. Unfortunately my hopes of finding another one of these are
dimming, but maybe one will turn up.

If anyone is interested, some new photos were just posted. I don't
know what number 101 is except that it's an old metal part from
something. I'm not really expecting to find the answer to it, but if
anyone wants to guess maybe that will lead to a solution.

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Rob