Old 27-08-2004, 02:24 PM
S. M. Henning

"Carolyn LeCrone" wrote:

Where can I find ideas to use with 9 year olds, in a classroom, to foster
the love of gardening? I have lots of ideas for Spring and Fall, but winter
is a problem

They can care for house plants they planted in the fall.

They can enjoy winter flowers such as witch hazel and hellebores.
(Caution: hellebores are very poisonous to children)

They can force Paper White Narcissus or Amaryllis Bulbs.

They can dry flowers collected in the fall.

They can enjoy plants with berries in the winter like holly.

They can plant seeds they bring from home from foods they eat.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to