Old 27-08-2004, 03:35 PM
Gary DeWitt

Default ingrown bud

I have a milt going on its first bloom since purchase, unfortunately
by the time I noticed it was trying to bloom, the stalk had aparantly
become stuck within the leaf it was exiting. The stalk zig-zagged and
turned back on itself as a result. The first flower was allready about
to open (2-3days off)at this point! Having had disastrous results
handling small spikes on other plants in the past, I was reluctant to
fool around with this one. In desperation, I trimmed off the leaf it
was stuck in, just below the lowest bud on the spike.

Was this the correct action? Is there anything else I could have done?

When I purchased this plant, it only had one flower on it. This year,
it has two. I can only assume the growing conditions are correct, and
only 1 or 2 flowers are normal for this plant?

Thanks for your help, any tips would be much apreciated.

Gary

Email does not work, old dead account (to avoid spam)