Old 27-08-2004, 06:02 PM
BAC

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , BAC
writes

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , BAC
writes
As gardeners, we do it all the time, don't we? Are
you suggesting that instead of growing things we like, we should

cultivate
things we are told are 'worthy'? That'd be the day I gave up

gardening.

Maybe we all should. They're blaming the last round of nastiness on
import of cultivated plants ;-)

Sudden Oak Death?

Yes.

The 'lost gardens' people were claiming their Victorian Rhodies had
exhibited the symptoms identified as indicative of carrying the disease, for
decades. If that is true, it hasn't been spreading very quickly.

So, should gardeners be prevented from growing imported plants, because
there is a risk that something unwelcome might hitch a lift with the import?
I hope not.