Old 28-08-2004, 12:08 AM
Chip Stein

"Dandelion Acres" wrote in message ...
I'm guessing the white smoke would be unburned fuel? It billowed pretty good
out of the exhaust for about 15 seconds, then smoothed out. The machine was
on a side hill of slight degree. This happened twice only.

The black/carbon smoke is consistant now, as if the rings were shot and oil
was leaking. But the compression is about 75, pretty good. I've not yet
pulled the jug, would like to t-shoot it a little more definitively first.

white smoke is oil, black smoke is fuel. check the intake valve
clearance.
compression readings aren't even published by briggs due to the
compression release. but 75 is good, it'll be quite a bit higher when
running.
Chip