Old 27-08-2004, 11:21 PM
aka Robbie

Rachael of Nex, the Wiccan Rat wrote:

The pooch is back with its owners. There is now no
missing doggy.

If your car gets nicked but it is returned or you find it, the police will
still want - in theory - to apprehend the culprit, I think you'll find.

And what's the first thing they will do.......take fingetprints from your
car. I couldn't see them trying to dust down a dog in order to get
fingerprints ;-)

They cannot hold information on someone, who may have stolen
a dog, on the word of someone who has given them details, who
received those details from a friend of a friend. Especially when
there is no evidence.

They may however get a confession if they follow it up anyway. This
is how the majority of police work is done!

I'm not denying that, but they still need to confront said criminal with
some evidence as I doubt they would get a warrant to search for doggy dna.

I couldn't imagine them turning up and saying "we have been given some
information that you have been involved in the theft of a dog". With Mr Crim
replying "Yeah it's true, it's a fair cop" ;-)

They just have to be bothered or persuaded or in the mind to
actually *do* something about the crime in the first place.

They probably are bothered. But with the dog returned it would have the
lowest category of prioritisations. It would involve quote a lot of work and
heaps of paperwork.....in addition to the heaps of paperwork they already
have to complete.

I can't wait until the police can get back to policing instead of having to
document absolutely everything they do and the reasons why incase someone,
somewhere for some reason makes a silly complaint. Most of their time is now
taken up with stupid paperwork....and Labour want to create more for them
(in addition to spending millions on getting black boxes in police cars to
check up on where they have been and what they have been doing, instead of
spending millions on increasing the force)!!!!!